AMTD Group (“AMTD”) was established in 2003 and after more than a decade of development, the company has become a sizable and well-established financial institution. In October 2014, AMTD gained Morgan Stanley Private Equity Asia (“Morgan Stanley”) as a strategic shareholder. Morgan Stanley together with Cheung Kong Group, AMTD’s existing shareholder, will jointly develop its financial planning and asset management businesses for high-net-worth customers in Greater China.
AMTD puts the interest of customers first and is committed to providing comprehensive and high quality asset management and investment services to high-net-worth customers in key markets including Hong Kong, China, Taiwan and Japan. The involvement of Morgan Stanley, coupled with the support from Cheung Kong Group, have further strengthened AMTD’s capabilities and all aspects of its business, particularly in terms of professional expertise, product offering and service quality. The cooperation means AMTD is well-positioned for sustainable growth in Greater China.
AMTD aims to be a preferred financial partner of customers for Capital Investment Entrant Scheme (CIES) investment. It is an exclusive placing agent for bonds qualified as CIES permissible investment assets, helping customers effectively allocate and manage related investment assets. What’s more, AMTD also assists CIES customers with meeting their daily needs while living in Hong Kong so that they can enjoy the opulent lifestyle the city offers.
AMTD Group includes AMTD Asia Limited and five fully owned subsidiaries︰
- AMTD Financial Planning Limited is an independent financial advisor that works for the interests of its clients. AMTD compares products from different providers to help clients devise the most suitable financial plans with free, professional and objective financial planning/ product advice.
- AMTD Risk Management Limited provides a one-stop financial consultancy services, including risk management, business insurance and employee benefit advice.
- AMTD Direct Limited provides customer service and telemarketing service for diversified innovative products and services.
- AMTD Strategic Capital Limited covers diversified mortgage and general loan servicing businesses.
- AMTD China (Holdings) Limited focuses on the development of diversified wealth management and retail businesses in the PRC. Currently we have opened offices in key cities in China, e.g. Beijing, Chengdu, Chongqing, Guangzhou, Shanghai and Shenzhen.